Our creamy, roasted avocado-tomatillo dip is very much like a tangy, dip-able, guacamole.
This salsa is also very versatile. The creaminess goes excellent with smoky meats, like arrachera or fajitas. It can also be thinned with a little crema and used like an aioli.
Creamy Roasted Avocado-Tomatillo Dip
Highly versatile, creamy, roasted avocado-tomatillo dip is very much like a tangy, dip-able, guacamole. Put it on a chip or on your fajitas.
- 1/2 lb. tomatillos - husked, cored, and rinsed
- 4 cloves garlic - peeled
- 3 medium serrano pepeprs - seeded and devined if you want mild salsa
- 1/4 cup cilantro - roughly chopped
- 2 large avocado - pitted, skinned, and roughly chopped
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- Preheat your broiler on high and place a rack as near the top of yur oven that you can. Husk and core your tomatillos, then place them, along with the serrano peppers on a broiler pan. Roast in the oven until black, then flip and roast the other side until black.
- Place the garlic in small bowl with just enough water to cover. Microwave on high for one minute. Drain.
- Remove stems and seeds (optional on the seeds) from the serrano peppers, then put everything in your blender and pulse until smooth. If necessary, thin with water.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Leave a Reply