Salsa de Uña
Salsa de Uña is a bright, fresh salsa that goes great on a hot summer day with a pile of tortilla chips and a cold beer.
- 1 clove garlic
- 12-14 oz. roma tomatoes - cored and seeded, then finely chopped
- 1/2 cup radishes - finely chopped
- 1/3 cup white onion - finely chopped
- 3 serrano chiles - finely chopped (seeds and devein them if you want a milder salsa)
- 2 tbsp. cilantro - finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
Place the garlic clove in a small container with just enough water to cover the garlic, and microwave for 45 seconds. Let cool and mince.
Chope all of the vegetables into a 1/4-inch dice or smaller (it helps to use a spoon to scoop out the tomato seeds).
Mix everything together with the salt and place in the fridge for about 2 hours to marinate before serving.